Real Madrid produced a Champions League classic comeback as they overturned a two-goal aggregate deficit to knock Kylian Mbappe’s Paris Saint-Germain out of the competition.
A goalkeeping howler from Gianluigi Donnarumma sparked the comeback which was completed by Karim Benzema’s splendid hat-trick.
- Mbappe’s first-half strike put PSG in control of the tie as they extended their lead on aggregate to 2-0.
- The French forward netted on two more occasions, however, they were correctly not given due to offside.
- The second leg turned on a moment of madness by Donnarumma, who gave the ball away to Vinicius Jr inside his own box. The Brazilian played the ball back across to Benzema, who slotted in the equaliser.
- Benzema then put Real Madrid ahead on the night with a trademark finish after being slipped in by the superb Luka Modric.
- And the tie was turned on its head just 12 seconds after PSG’s kick-off when the 34-year-old pounced on Marquinhos’ poor pass to slot home.
Follow our live match blog for regular updates…